Patterns Facebook Etsy Ravelry Patterns I love Contact På norsk Epla Optimistic by nature

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Project Sweater

I finally finished a big project!  I am very proud of myself! Check it out!























I have been inspired to try out sweater patterns lately and this one is my big achievement.  It is made from Dale baby wool yarn and is inspired by a pattern by Bonnie Jacobs, Baby Hoodie - a free ravelry download.  I changed the pattern a bit to make it bigger and incorporate a zipper instead of making a pullover.  I think it turned out great.  Here are some process pics:












































My "helper" Oliver.  :)


























Checking for size.


























Zippers are fun!






























































Stripes = lots of ends to weave in.  




















It took me about a month to make.  Of course, I made other stuff too and waited a while for the zipper in the mail...  and I work.... and have a 1 year old...  :)  


























Yea! Crocheting is fun. :)




































































I made another sweater, too.  It took 2 days to make.  The difference - thick yarn.  It is also pretty cute although the pattern is for thinner yarn and makes a newborn size.  So this was an experiment to see if just using huge yarn would work.  (drops eskimo) It did... but the neckline is huge....  I still like it.  I use it a lot when Oliver naps outside because it is chunky and warm.  :)




























Here is the pattern link.  

And sweater number 3....  




















I messed up and have to take apart!  Don't hold your breath! ;-)  

But the conclusion: sweaters are fun to crochet - for babies.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Har du tid til å gå på kyllingaften når du har så mange hekleprosjekter på gang?? Du er flink, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi, ikke sant. Artig å hekle!! og gå på kyllingaften! ;-) Takk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, these are tremendous! Beautifully made! Thanks for sharing. Therese

    ReplyDelete