Patterns Facebook Etsy Ravelry Patterns I love Contact På norsk Epla Optimistic by nature

Monday, October 31, 2011

Oliver's winter hat

I have published my first pattern!  It is a crocheted hat - a balaclava (finlandshette på norsk) that I designed last winter.  Check it out!


I was really lucky with it.  It is my first pattern and it worked out on the first try.  It took me a long time to make the other sizes though.  Mostly because I am easily distracted by other projects.  But here is a picture of the 3 sizes.


It is a really stretchy comfy hat so the sizes are pretty flexible I think.  I made a baby, toddler and child size.  Oliver uses his everyday.  He is actually on his second hat.... the first one is getting worn out.  It is perfect for our climate here in northern Norway.





I have the pattern for sale on ravelry.  So if you would like to buy it then you can click here:

BUY HERE


I hope you will try it out and let me know if you like it!




Oliver my sweet little model :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Beautiful balaclava! I would like to order one from you, if possible ;)

    My knitting qualities aint so.. Umm.. How should I say.. Strong? ;)

    - Yvonne Vikan Kolden

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, Yvonne! I'm on it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased Oliver's winter hat pattern off Raverly. What does ink1 mean??
    It's the very first row of the pattern.
    Also when you say.... sc (in 2nd chain from hook - whole pattern) 10 (10,11)...... Does that mean work 10 (10,11) sc starting in the 2nd chain from hook?

    If you could email me the answer I would really appreciate it.
    nursetwilight@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jepp, check mail :) In case anyone runs into same question: inkl. is short for include in Norwegian.... a mistake I need to fix in the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, a wonderful comment from Denmark :) Thank you :) I have just ordered your 2 books! :)

    ReplyDelete